Legendary Indian body builder and India’s first Mr Universe, Manohar Aich died on 5 June 2016. He was 104.
• He was born in Comilla district, now in Bangladesh.
• He was famously called Pocket Hercules as he was 4 feet 11 inch tall.
• He won gold medals for three times in Asian Games.
• He was the first Indian to win the Mr Universe title post-independence in 1952.
• He started his career as a coconut vendor at Sealdah station.
• Age never a bar for the veteran body builder who kept a stringent routine and even performed in his eighties.
• He began his career as a stuntman performing with the legendary magician PC Sorkar.
• He even tried his luck in politics he contested in the Lok Sabha elections of 1991 from the Bharatiya Janata Party.